Friday, June 15, 2012

Fan Gets Bryce Harper to Sign a Mickey Mantle Baseball

Fans have long compared Nationals phenom Bryce Harper to Yankee great Mickey Mantle, but this guy takes it to another level! This video from WHP-TV in Harrisburg has the story:



Although Harper is having an amazing start to his major league career, it's safe to say this is a very bold move from a collectors stand point!

UPDATE 6/22/12:

Here's a video of Ironclad's own Bill Ripken explaining the similarities of Harper and Mantle:

2 comments:

  1. Great for this guy, I think that is cool. I have a Mantle Signed Ball to from my grandfather and would have Harper sign it in a heartbeat. I Live here in DC and go to the games a lto but Id be more worried about getting robbed at the Navy Yard Metro Stop after the game than people calling me names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a Nats fan and are not looking to sell the ball, I can totally understand! You have to admit there are many similarities between the two!

      Delete